Hire comedian Darrin Meyer for your next Comedy Night, corporate or college event, or fundraiser!
Ever wondered what seeing every corner of the country and hitting every backwater town the tourist guides warn you about would do to a person’s mind? Thought about how driving ten hours a day and staying in motel rooms that even Norman Bates won’t go near warps a man’s thinking? Darrin Meyer brings these experiences to the stage in a show the Duluth News-Tribune calls “straight-up, gimmick-free act that focuses on jokes from the rude and crude to current affairs.”
Darrin has performed in some of the finest comedy clubs, colleges, bowling alleys, Chinese restaurants, strip joints, and prisons in over forty states, where he developed has manic takes on relationships, sports, families, life on the road, and whatever happens to be driving him nuts on any given day. If not for comedy, he might be looking for the nearest clock tower somewhere.
“Darrin Meyer got big laughs… put the crowd in stitches” says the Lincoln (NE) Journal-Star.
Darrin has appeared in many nationally-known comedy clubs, including the Improv, the Rivercenter in San Antonio, Juniors in Erie PA, The Comic Strip in El Paso, Harvey’s in Portland, Myrtle Beach’s Comedy Cabana, the Reno Hilton, Wits End in Denver, and several Funny Bones across the US.
Darrin has opened for a diverse variety of acts, such as Bobcat Goldthwait, Pauly Shore, Jim Breuer, Jeff Dunham, Dave Coulier, Michael Winslow and Weird Al Yankovic, as well as the bands Lonestar and Firehouse. He appeared in the movie “Election” with Matthew Broderick and Reese Witherspoon, and shot a scene for the 2011 release “Lucky” with Colin Hanks, Jeffrey Tambor and Ann-Margaret, which sadly ended up on the cutting room floor.
More of Darrin Meyer’s Material
- Nationally touring comedian
- Performed at lots of colleges and corporate events
- headlined at some of the biggest a-list comedy clubs across the nation
- worked with Bobcat Goldthwait, Pauly Shore, Jim Breuer, Jeff Dunham, Dave Coulier, Michael Winslow and Weird Al Yankovic, as well as the bands Lonestar and Firehouse
- appeared in the movie Election with Matthew Broderick and Reese Witherspoon
Interested in booking
- Funny Bone (Omaha, Huntington, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, South Bend)
- Rivercenter (San Antonio)
- Connxtions (Toledo, Lansing)
- Jokerz (Milwaukee)
- Improv (Cleveland)
- Harveys (Portland)
- Comedy Cabana (Myrtle Beach)
- Laffs (Albuquerque, Tucson)
- Juniors (Erie, PA)
- Stardome (Birmingham)
- Wits End (Denver)
- Comic Strip (El Paso)
- Laughs Unlimited (Sacramento)
- Comedy Etc. (St. Louis)
- Comedy Zone (numerous cities)
In the press
- “Laughter does seem to be contagious!” – Daniel R. Moser (Lincoln Journal Star)
- “A straight-up, gimmick-free act that focuses on jokes from the rude and crude to current affairs.” – V. Paul Virtucio (Duluth News Tribune)
- “Weird Al” Yankovic
- Jeff Dunham
- Pauly Shore
- Sherri Shepherd
- Jim Breuer
- Bobcat Goldthwait
- Michael Winslow
- Bob Zany
- Tim O’Rourke
- Dave Coulier